Friday, July 20, 2018

Vegan Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Sauce

The theme for this potluck at work was dips & spreads & at the time, I was completely clueless as to what to make or bring. My coworker had tried this recipe & used it as a sauce & said it was really good. Only I found out after, she made hers a little different. The flavor was good, it just looks a little funky. I'm not sure if I'll make this version again but I'm up for trying other vegan versions again.

Vegan Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Sauce (Pinterest) (8 servings):

2 c peeled & chopped Yukon gold potatoes
1 c peeled & chopped carrots
1/2 c raw cashews
1 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c nutritional yeast
1 chipotle pepper in adobo
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Pepper, to taste

Bring med pot of water to boil, place potatoes, carrots & cashews in once boiling. Simmer for about 20 min, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a high-speed blender. Add remaining ingredients into blender and blend until completely smooth. Serve with favorite crackers and veggies as a dip or use as a cheese sauce.




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment