Monday, July 23, 2018

Pressure Cooker Easy Mushroom Risotto

My friend made me some risotto once in her pressure cooker & I was in love! And I've had it since and it was soooo good! I've heard it's hard to cook on the stove so once I got my Instant Pot, of course I wanted to try it myself. I used to hate mushrooms & now I have a love/hat relationship with them. If I don't fully taste them, I'm okay with them. I was at a vegan Mexican place with a friend of mine & she had mushroom tostadas & I tried one of the mushrooms on it & it was actually pretty good. I can get mushrooms on my pizza & be fine with them too...as long as they aren't too big. I could never eat a mushroom burger though-too much!! Which is why I thought I'd try this risotto and it was actually really good. I didn't add all the mushrooms it called for-I went a little easy on them for my first time and I cut them really small. And I had to call my mom to figure out how to cut them up haha! But the risotto turned out fantastic & I would definitely make it again!

Mushroom Risotto (Pinterest) (4-5 servings):

1 onion, diced
24 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/4 c red or white wine
2 c arborio rice
4 c chicken or veggie broth
1 c grated parm cheese (I used my vegan parm)
1 tbsp butter (I used vegan & soy free butter)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp olive oil

Press the saute button on your Instant pot. Add oil. When you hear the beep that the oil is hot, add the onions & saute until translucent. Add the thyme & mushrooms & stir until mushrooms have softened. Add the rice & mix thoroughly until rice has toasted. Pour in wine & the broth. Add salt & pepper.

Close lid & press cancel. Press the pressure cook button & cook for 7 minutes. When 7 minutes have passed, release the pressure. Open the lid & add the cheese & butter. Mix well & check for seasoning. Rice should be creamy & thick, if not, cook in saute mode for 2-3 min. Enjoy!




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment