Monday, July 23, 2018

Instant Pot Wild Rice

I love wild rice & it's so much more healthier than white or brown rice. And I'm from MN, where it's grown. But wild rice is also hard to cook-it normally takes a longer time to cook. I've cooked it in my rice cooker before & when I did that, I burned the bottom of it. But I did make a big batch of it and froze it in individual servings. When I went home a couple weeks ago, I bought a 5lb bag of wild rice-that will last a me until hopefully Christmas, when I can ask for some more.

When I made the wild rice in the instant pot, it came out perfect-nothing stuck to the bottom & the rice was still crispy. So good! I only made one batch this time, since I wasn't sure how much it would make but I think next time, I'll made a double batch. I like freezing it in individual servings. It's so easy to take out as an easy side.

Wild Rice (Pinterest) (8 servings):

2 c hand-parched wild rice
5 c water, bone broth or a combo (I used chicken broth)
2 tsp salt

Add the wild rice, water and/or bone broth and salt to instant pot. Place lid on instant pot & turn until it locks into place. Make to seal the vent. Press the manual button & adjust the cooking time to 35 min and the pressure to high. Manually release pressure. Open lid immediately & fluff with a fork. Enjoy!




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment