Friday, July 20, 2018

Beautiful Brussels Sprouts

I wanted to up my Brussels sprouts game last year for Thanksgiving last year and be a little more healthy. So I found this recipe on Pinterest-I think the original recipe came from the Pioneer Woman. And it was soooo good! I believe I'll definitely make this again next year. The recipe calls for pomegranate molasses, which I didn't have so I used an aged balsamic. I've since found pomegranate. But the aged balsamic was just as good.

Beautiful Brussels Sprouts (Pinterest) (8 servings:

1 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
1 whole small butter squash, peeled & cubed
1 whole large red onion, peeled & cut into wedges
Olive oil, for drizzling
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1/3 c pomegranate sauce/molasses
Pomegranate seeds

Preheat oven to 425. Place veggies on a rimmed sheet pan & drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & chili powder & toss together. Marinate overnight or roast right away for 20-25 min, until slightly browned. Remove veggies from oven & arrange them onto a serving platter.

Drizzle on the pomegranate sauce, then sprinkle on pomegranate seeds. Serve. Enjoy!




Marinating...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment