Friday, July 20, 2018

5-Ingredient Microwave Caramel Chocolate Fudge

Last year, my coworker & I decided to make homemade treats for my the therapists at work. She was going to make cookies I thought I'd attempt fudge, since I though it would be so easy. I found this recipe on Pinterest and when I found out you could microwave it, I thought hey even easier! Man, was I wrong! The caramel was soooo sticky!!! It stuck to everything! Luckily I tried the recipe a couple days before because it created such a mess that the night before I went out the store & got another can of condensed milk & made another batch of different fudge. I showed pictures of the mess I made with this batch. The fudge did taste good after I cleaned everything up but it would have been way too hard to turn these things into treats to give away. I ended up keeping these for myself but I had to eat these with a spoon. They stuck to the cutting board, to the parchment paper, everything! Maybe you'll have better luck!

5-Ingredient Microwave Caramel Chocolate Fudge (Pinterest):

3 c milk chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, full-fat
2 tsp vanilla extract
25 caramels, unwrapped
2 tbsp heavy cream
Sea salt, optional (a must!!)

Line an 8x8 pan with parment paper-do not skip this or you'll likely won't be able to get your fudge out looking very nice. Combine the chips & the sweetened condensed milk in microwave-safe bowl. Stir together & microwave for 30 seconds then stir for 30 seconds. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring for 30 seconds in between until completely melted. Stir in the vanilla extract.

Pour into the prepared pan. Spray a spatula with nonstick cooking spray & smooth the chocolate fudge. Quickly rinse out & dry the bowl. Combine the unwrapped caramels & heavy cream in bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds & stir for 30 seconds. Return the mixture to microwave & microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring for 30 seconds in between until completely melted.

Pour caramel over chocolate evenly. If desired, top fudge pieces with sea salt. Cover tightly (make sure nothing touches the fudge!!!) and place in fridge to harden/set up overnight. Cut the fudge with a hot wet knife. Store any leftover fudge in an airtight container in the fridge.




So pretty...





The mess after I scraped the fudge off...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment