Monday, July 23, 2018

Instant Pot Pork Chili Verde

Since I have a pretty severe allergy to tomatoes (my throat gets really itchy & feels like it's closing up), it's hard to find a really good chili & man I miss chili! I found this recipe & of course I had to try it. I learned awhile ago that tomatillos is not a tomato, but a berry and it doesn't bother me. Yay! This chili was really good. The tomatillos melted down & gave it such a good flavor. The only thing I didn't notice, until I tried it, was that it didn't call for any seasoning. I added my own at the end-my go-to's-onion powder & celery salt.

Pork Chili Verde (Pinterest):

1 tbsp oil
1 lb tomatatillos, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used Asafoetida powder)
3/4 c diced onion
2/5 c diced sweet potato
2 serrano peppers, minced, optional (I used jalapeno peppers with the seeds removed)
2 lb pork stew meat (pre-cubed)
1/2 c broth
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro

Turn instant pot to saute. Add all ingredients except the broth & cilantro & saute 5 min, then turn off. Add broth & cilantro. Set instant pot to pressure cook for 20 min. Use the quick release method, stir well to help the sweet potatoes & tomatillos break down even further. Serve warm. Enjoy!




Ready to be cooked...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment