Friday, July 20, 2018

Pizza

Right around April, I saw a natural homeopathic doctor & had a food allergy test done. Turns out I tested positive for dairy, eggs, soy, gluten, garlic, pineapple, peanuts and of course I still can't have tomatoes. I always knew about the dairy to some degree but everything else was a shock. The doctor wanted me to stop eating all foods that contained those ingredients for 3 months to detox my body & to find out what my body's reaction would be to them at a later date. It's now July and I'm finally accustomed to not eating any of it. I quickly found a vegan cheese that is a pretty good substitute. I've accidentally eaten garlic a couple times & it's given me migraines right away, which sucks because I love garlic. Gluten gives me migraines as well. I ate some processed cheese on a hamburger & never again-such horrid cramps!! I'm not sure what eggs & soy do to me. It's been interesting doing some trial & error on some recipes but I'm getting pretty good at looking at a recipe now & knowing what I can substitute out now. Usually when a recipe calls for garlic, I just omit it all together. The new diet changes have made me feel better, so something is working!

For pizza, a lot of places have gluten free. I found this amazing gluten free crust at Whole Foods and for the first month, it was my life savor!! I brought some back with me to MN when I went home in early July too. I've included what the crust looks like & a couple of examples of some of the pizzas I've made with it.




Gluten free, vegan pizza crust...





Violife cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion, capers...





Olive oil, Leftover ground turkey with onions, Violife cheese, fresh herbs, sea salt...





Flavored olive oil, Leftover shredded pork, onions, Violife cheese, dried herbs, sea salt...

No comments:

Post a Comment