Monday, July 23, 2018

Instant Pot Sausage & Mash

I caved & gave into the craze & bought myself an Instant Pot & I'm so glad I did!!! I've made so many recipes since buying it. This just works for me because I can go home & whip up something quick, instead of waiting forever in the slow cooker or on the stove or in the oven. And you can do everything in the pot-sauting included. I just love it! And this is good for all my diet restrictions-I can cook a lot of meat again & start filling up my freezer again with meals!

One of the first recipes I made were these brats & mashed potatoes. The recipe I found included mashed potatoes, but I used the recipe found in the Instant Pot cookbook it came with. I was amazed how quick everything took & how it still tasted amazing.

*Classic Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot) (4-6 servings)

5-8 medium potatoes
2 c water
1 tsp salt
1/2 c almond milk
Salt & pepper to taste

Place washed potatoes (I also peeled & cut them in quarters) in pot. Pour in water & sprinkle wiht salt. Close & lock lid. Select pressure cook & then adjust buttons to set 20 min of pressure cooking time. When time is up, do a quick release & open lid.

Transfer potatoes to mixing bowl, reserving the cooking water. Remove skins, if you didn't before. Add 2 tbsp of cooking liquid or butter and begin mashing with a potato masher (I used a mixer). Continue adding small quantities of cooking liquid & cream until desired consistency is reached. Add salt & pepper taste.


*Brats (Pinterest) (2 servings):

6 thick pork sasauges, prick with a sharp knife
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 c sticky onions (I had no idea what sticky onions were so I just used regular onions)
1/2 c red wine or beef broth
1/2 c water
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
Salt and pepper, to taste

Add oil to pot & set to Saute. Add the sausages & brown in oil-you will need to move them around regularly to get all sides colored. When browned, stir in the onions, immediately following with the wine & water. Turn off saute. Set to pressure cook for 8 min. Once cooked, do a quick release.

Take off lid, hit cancel & push the saute button. Stir frequently & pour in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a bubble for a couple of minutes until desired consistency is reached. Serve over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment