Monday, July 23, 2018

Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Curry

I've never made curry before & this recipe threw me for a loop but it sounded so good so I wanted to try it. And I'm so glad I did. It had so much flavor!! I didn't eat it over any rice, which I should have done to soak up up the broth. I ended up freezing half of the batch so when I take it out of the freezer, I'll be sure to have some rice on hand. I'll definitely make this again and look for some more curries to try!

Sweet Potato Chicken Curry (Pinterest) (4-5 servings):

2 tsp ghee or coconut oil
1/2 med yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used asafoetida powder)
1lb chicken breast, cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 red bell pepper, sliced or diced
2 c green beans, trimmed
2/3 c chicken broth
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp salt
1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk
Cashews, cilantro & cauliflower rice, for serving
Optional: tapioca starch (I used cornstarch), for a thicker curry

Set instant pot to saute. Add ghee, onion & garlic & saute until onions are translucent. Then turn off & set to pressure cook. Add chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, green beans, broth, curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne & salt. Seal pot & set time for 12 min.

Once time is up, release pressure by switching from seal to vent. Once pressure is released, remove lid and turn pot to saute. Stir in coconut milk & let cook for an additional 2-3 min or until soup is hot. For a thicker curry, whisk together 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water. Stir into curry.

Serve over cauliflower rice, if desired. Top with cashews & fresh cilantro.










Ready to cook...





Ready to serve...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment