Monday, May 15, 2017

Crock Pot BBQ Pork

I'm waaayyyy behind on posting anything on here so I'm just going to post a lot of recipes all at once over the next couple of days. I started working last year so I blame that for my reason for not posting as often. I'm still making food, just not as often. I go through spurts.

I needed something to get me through at least a couple days of work and I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer. Although I was at Trader Joe's on Saturday and I decided to just buy an unfrozen one since I forgot to thaw mine out in time for the weekend. I started searching on Pinterest for a recipe, something that I had all the ingredients for and came across this one-I've never made a tenderloin that had a dry rub before & I definitely had all the spices, thanks to my mom getting spices for me at her Co-Op in MN for super cheap. I only made one tenderloin & halved the recipes for the spices. It still made a good amount of rub. And man it made the tenderloin so moist; it literally fell apart when I took it out of the slow cooker. I was just planning on slicing the tenderloin like I usually do but this one shredded all on its own. I didn't need to add anything to it-the rub did a good job of adding so much flavor to the tenderloin but I did add some bbq sauce I had in the fridge. I ate the meat by itself last night with some mac & cheese on the side. I was going to eat it again for lunch today but there's free food at work so that will be my lunch tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to make tacos with the meat...yum! I'll definitely make this again! And the recipe calls for 6-7 hours in the slow cooker-I only cooked it for 5 1/2 hours=perfection!

Find the recipe here




Falling apart...





BBQ Sauce & Ready to Eat! Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment