Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Best Raspberry Bread

I was craving bread one day & I've made blueberry & strawberry bread before but I hadn't made raspberry bread. So I started researching Pinterest & came across this one. The title alone piqued my interest so of course I had to try it. I was going to use those throw-away bread tins but when I was at the Le Creuset store to buy my braising dish & they had a bread pan for uber cheap, I decided to use that instead. I don't have an after picture of the bread because when I thought my bread was done, I was very wrong. I took the bread out of the oven, tested it, let it rest & then turned it out on a wire rack. It caved in in the middle & while I thought it looked wrong, I let it sit there a while. When I went to turn it right-side up, that's when I discovered the middle was completely raw. The wire rack was over a sheet pan so I just threw the entire thing back in the oven for another 30 minutes & by the time the bread was actually done, it was a mess to look at. It was really good, just not picture worthy. I think the combination of using fresh raspberries & using the type of loaf dish I used-which is a really good dish, I should have cooked it for a lot longer. I'll definitely try making this again. It was really moist and had a lot of flavor.

Find the recipe here




Raspberries & flour...





Dough mixture...





Ready to be baked...

No comments:

Post a Comment