Friday, May 19, 2017

Slow Cooker Bratwurst

I was craving bratwursts one day but I live in an apartment so I can't grill them like I normally like them. So I found a slow cooker recipe. My old boss made them in the slow cooker for a pot luck & they turned out really good so I thought mine would turn out just as good. They did turn out with lots of flavor but I wasn't a big fan of the color. And I think I was afraid to really brown them the way they weren't to brown...as you can see in the first picture. They barely look like they received any color at all. When they were done cooking in the slow cooker they were clearly done but I thought they weren't cooked through so I put them in the microwave for longer and I think I overcooked some of them. I ate most of them but I was uneasy eating them thinking I was eating them not fully cooked-I just wasn't used to the color of them. I'm using to eating grilled bratwurst that are charred & have grill marks. Not too sure I'll be making them in the slow cooker again, regardless of how they taste!

Find the recipe here



Browned sausages...





Ready to cook...





Ready to eat...Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment