Monday, May 15, 2017

Braised Red Wine Beef Short Ribs

I've been wanting to try beef short ribs for a long time now. I had originally found a recipe for a slow cooker but I decided instead to braise them in the oven for my first time making them instead, with red wine. The next step was finding a recipe that did not include tomato paste, since I'm allergic to tomatoes. Finally I found a good, simple recipe. The next step after that was locating the ribs, since I couldn't find them in a regular store. Luckily I mentioned it to my aunt, who found a decent priced butcher shop here in Vegas-I was in meat heaven! Besides the ribs, I bought some homemade bratwurst & a small brisket, which I'll share in a later recipe.

This rib recipe was so easy to make & the meat fell off the bones. Definitely a good recipe to use for a first-time recipe for making these kind of ribs!! This recipe suggested to serve it over polenta but I ate mine over egg noodles. You could actually eat them over whatever you want. There are optional steps listed to make a pan sauce, which I didn't do, since there's enough liquid left over after braising and to get a crispy exterior on the ribs, which I also didn't do. Once they rested for the 20 minutes, I was starving & couldn't stop eating them while I waited for my noodles to cook. They probably would be good with the crispy exterior but I just didn't care at that point! :)

Find the recipe here




Ribs browning with splatter lid...





Browned ribs...





Veggies in red wine...





Ready for the oven...





Ready to eat...Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment