Monday, October 13, 2014

Watermelon Rum






Again, I don't have the recipe for this one lol but I do remember it. And we had to doctor it quite a bit to make it edible. I originally found this recipe in a Weight Watcher's cookbook and the points were really low-like 2 I think. Super simple easy ingredients. Like I said we had to doctor it a little bit because it was really strong in alcohol-too strong! I'd make this again but I think but I would use less alcohol and it would be nice to have some mint leaves on hand since that would tame down the taste a lot, even though I'm not fond of mint! We didn't have any on hand so we used basil, which worked okay. And I think we used some lime juice as well to tame down the flavor a little. It was good after that and I think we ate it all (I was with my family).

Watermelon Rum:

1/2 of a watermelon, cut up
Rum of your choice
Mint leaves

Pour the rum over the watermelon and let everything soak up. (Don't use the whole bottle! Just use enough to coat the watermelon.) Add some mint leaves and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment