Monday, October 13, 2014

Pappardelle Pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cream Sauce

I was in the process of going through my apartment and getting rid of food I wasn't going to take with me on my move and found a bag of pappardelle noodles. I was going to cut back on my pasta eating once I moved so I thought I'd find a good recipe to use them with before then. I found this recipe on Pinterest. Sounded pretty easy to make and it was. I added some diced chicken to mine to make it a full meal. Not sure if I'd make this again with zucchini noodles though since the sauce was really heavy but it had a really good flavor. Maybe if I found a substitute for the heavy cream...

Pappardelle Pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cream Sauce (4-6 servings):

Bag of pappardelle pasta
2 c parmigiano-reggiano, plus more to serve
5 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 large pinch pepper
1 small pinch nutmeg
Salt to taste

Cook pappardelle in salted boiling water according to pkg directions. Reserve 1/2 c of cooking water. In large skillet over medium heat, add the butter. Stir until melted and then add the heavy cream. Let the butter and cream simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened (should coat the back of a spoon).

Slowly add the grated parmesan, until desired consistency. Bring back to boil, stirring constantly, until cheese is fully incorporated into the sauce. Stir in the pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste. Add the noodles to the skillet, stirring to coat evenly. Add enough of the reserved cooking water to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency. Top with more cheese and enjoy!


Butter and cream simmering...




Cheese simmering...




Pasta added to sauce...




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment