Monday, October 13, 2014

S'mores Bars






One of my friend's found this on Facebook and tagged some of us in it to make these. Not sure who was the original source but I did find the recipe on Pinterest so I'll post that recipe on here. These turned out ridiculously good! They had so much flavor and they were really rich! I was at my friend Jeremiah's and his little sister and I actually went out around midnight to pick up the ingredients so we could make it that night. Jeremiah's girlfriend also helped make them-I kinda did but mainly I entertained their baby :) I would definitely make this again and again!

S'mores Bars (20 servings):

1 box graham crackers
2 (7 oz) jars marshmallow creme
1 tub Cool Whip
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 c heavy whipping cream
1 tsp salt

Mix the marshmallow creme with the cool whip until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix again. Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with graham crackers (you may need to break them so they fit somewhat evenly on the bottom of the dish. Once the marshmallow creme is mixed, spread about 1/2 of the mixture over the graham crackers. Using a spatula, spread as evenly as possible. Layer some more graham crackers on top of the spread of marshmallow creme. Add the remaining marshmallow creme on top of the crackers, making sure to spread the cream out as much as possible.

Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave, stirring about every 30 seconds, until the chocolate has melted down. Add the salt and mix to incorporate. Carefully pour the chocolate over the bars, spreading evenly on top. Put the dish in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. (I don't think we waited that long!)

Cut into squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment