Monday, October 13, 2014

Sausage & Onions in a Brown Sugar Sauce

I came up with this recipe on my own, kind of adapting from the slow cooked sausage I made earlier this year. That was good in the slow cooker but some of the sausage was over-cooked and rubbery so I thought it would turn out better on the stove, and it did! This recipe only had 4 ingredients and it was really easy to make and had so much flavor. I kinda guessed how much brown sugar I used in the recipe, but you can add more or less, depending on your taste. I made some couscous for a side dish and also to soak up the sauce.

Sausage & Onions in a Brown Sugar Sauce (2 servings):

Package of sausage of your choice
3/4 of an onion, diced
1/2 to 1 c brown sugar
1-2 tbsp butter

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions sausage and cook until the onions are translucent. Add the brown sugar and stir to coat/combine. Cover with a lid and let it simmer at medium heat for about 20-45 minutes. It's done when you have your desired consistency of a sauce. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment