Monday, October 13, 2014

Cauliflower Wraps

I found this recipe on Pinterest. I've been seeing recipes like this for a while and I was always curious to make them so I decided to just do it last week and I can't believe that I waited this long! I made a cauliflower Alfredo sauce earlier in the week that didn't turn out (which is why I'm not posting it) because I didn't cook the cauliflower before like I was supposed to. I decided to actually follow the recipe this time for this and it turned out amazing! I didn't have parchment paper so I decided to use tinfoil with butter on it. Needless to say that didn't work out and the wraps stuck to the foil like glue but I was able to peel off the top layer of the wrap to try it and it was so good! I think if I used the parchment paper, like I'm going to the next time I make this, it would have been even better! The recipe says it's best if you eat them right away and not save them but it would be interesting to see if you could freeze these and eat them at a later date....may have to try that when I make them again. I've seen some recipes that call for cheese, so I added a little to mine. You can basically add whatever herbs/seasonings you want to these. Or use the wrap as a pizza crust. So many things to experiment with these! And I learned on the internet that you can freeze cauliflower rice after you cook it so I'm heading to the store soon to start freezing the "rice" for more yummy recipes! The key to these is squeezing out the excess water-I did it the way I do with frozen spinach-in between paper towels! These make 2 huge wraps so I just made one and cut in half. I will definitely be making these again and will definitely experiment with them as well!!!

Cauliflower Wraps (2 servings):

1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 eggs
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c shredded parm (what I added to mine)

Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets or one large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture. Place the crumbles and 1/4 c water in a saucepan with a lid. Cook on med-high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.

Drain the cauliflower in a fine-sieve, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel or between sheets of paper towels. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower. In a bowl, stir together the cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Form 2 thin circles on the parchment-lined baking sheets. With a spatula or your fingers, press down the "dough" so it forms an thin layer. Keep the wraps compact-there shouldn't be any parchment showing through the mixture in any area of the wrap.

Bake about 17 minutes until dry and pliable. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so the bottom does not become soggy. Use with light fillings or tear into pieces (which is what I had to do) and use to scoop up fillings. Enjoy!


The cauliflower after I squeezed out the excess water...






The rest of the ingredients mixed together...






Before I put it in the oven...






The stuck-on wraps lol...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment