Monday, October 13, 2014

Cream Cheese Chili Dip




My cousin used to bring the ingredients to make this dip a lot for our family get togethers. Super easy and super tasty. I make it every so often now just as something to snack on. I rarely make the large batch that I'm posting-usually I only use about 1/4 c of the cream cheese if I'm just making it for myself. And if you make too much and can't eat it all, just put some tinfoil over the plate and stick it in the fridge. Tastes pretty good the next day too! I've also learned that it's really important to place something over the plate-like a pan lid-to keep the cheese from splattering all over your microwave!!!

Cream Cheese Chili Dip (8-10 servings):

1 can of chili (I use the beanless kind since it's easier to spread without all the big lumps of beans!)
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 (8 oz) pkg of shredded cheddar cheese (any kind of cheddar)
Tortilla chips of your choice

Place cream cheese on a large platter and microwave about 20 seconds to soften it. Using a spatula or the back of a large spoon, spread the cream cheese around on the plate to make a thin spread. Top the cream cheese with however much chili you want, also using a spatula or large spoon to evenly spread it over the cream cheese. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Microwave about 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Serve hot with chips...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment