Sunday, May 17, 2015

Baked Turkey Tenderloin

My mom convinced me to try turkey tenderloins-she said she and my dad eat them quite a lot. I had a lot of trouble finding them actually. My mom and aunt were in town one time and she took me grocery shopping and we happened to come across a package of two of them so we got them. They've been in my freezer just sitting there waiting for me to figure out how to cook them. I figured I could cook them similar to a pork tenderloin. I was looking around on Pinterest and found a simple recipe with a homemade spice rub so I decided to try that. I think I cooked my tenderloin a little too long since it was a little dry but the flavor was really good-the spice rub gave it so much flavor. I'd definitely try this again and cook the tenderloin a little less. The recipe called for 2 tenderloins but I wanted to cook one at a time to see how I liked them. I did half the recipe for the spice rub. I'll post the actual recipe.

Baked Turkey Tenderloin (Pinterest):

2 turkey tenderloins
Olive oil
4 tsp onion powder
4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Mix together all the seasonings. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on both sides of the turkey tenderloins and then sprinkle some of the spice rub on both sides of the turkey (I also used a fork and forked both sides so the oil and spices would get into the meat more). Place tenderloins in a prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until internal temp reads 165. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!




Homemade rub...






Turkey Tenderloin with spice rub....






Sliced and ready to eat...Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment