Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chocolate Pancakes

I've been wanting to find some breakfast recipes for a while now so when I came across some pancake recipes I knew I had to make them. I knew I could easily freeze them. And chocolate pancakes...um yum! Lol. I found this recipe in a Better Homes & Garden magazine and it sounded simple enough. I froze the majority of the pancakes already in serving size portions-so 2 pancakes per zip-loc bag. It says to serve the pancakes with strawberries and a little powdered sugar but you could easily serve it with any kind of fruit. The pancakes had a slight bitter taste to them so I could easily see why you'd want to eat them with some kind of fruit but they were pretty good overall.

Chocolate Pancakes (Better Homes & Garden) (6 servings):

3/4 c flour
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 c buttermilk
2 tbsp refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tbsp canola oil
2 c cut-up fresh strawberries
2 tsp powdered sugar

In large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl combine buttermilk, egg and oil. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined (batter will be lumpy).

Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over med heat until a few drop of water dance across the surface. Reduce heat to med-low. For each pancake spoon 2 tbsp batter onto griddle. Cook until lightly browned; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 minute per side).

To serve, place two pancakes on each plate. Top with strawberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!




Batter...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment