Saturday, April 11, 2015

Quinoa Tabouli

My brother and sister-in-law were in town and my aunt was going to have them over for dinner. I wanted to bring a side or salad of some kind so I started looking through my pins on Pinterest. I found this recipe and thought it would be perfect since it can be served room temp or chilled. We ate outside and it was so much fun. My aunt made some really good food and my salad complimented everything. It was perfect. And it was easy to make. I added the zest of 1 of my lemons to give it more of a lemony taste and yum!

Quinoa Tabouli (6 servings):

1 c dry quinoa, rinsed, drained and cooked according to pkg directions
2 c chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 c chopped cucumbers
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c fresh mint, finely chopped
2 c fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped

*Dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
1/3 scant c freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
Zest of 1 lemon, optional
1 garlic clove, grated
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Combine quinoa and water in med saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl to cool while you prep the other ingredients.

Add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and fresh herbs to cooked, cooled quinoa. In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Pour over quinoa salad and toss to combine. Refrigerate for a couple hours to chill slightly. Serve room temp or chilled. Enjoy!




Dressing...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment