Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I found this recipe in one of Paula Deen's recipe magazines. I love meatballs and this one seemed like an easy recipe. Not to mention it made a bunch so I knew I could easily freeze the majority of it and eat more of it at a later time. Even better! I didn't read the recipe all the way through initially but the list of ingredients was short enough. Once I read through it, I realized that I add everything together except the buffalo wing sauce, which is really different but I was game to try it! Everything smelled so good while mixing it together that I even texted my friend telling her that the raw ingredients smelled so good that I hoped the cooked meal tasted as good as it smelled! It definitely did! The meatballs had such a unique texture with the celery and the blue cheese and the panko all mixed together. The celery and panko gave the meatballs a crunchy texture and the blue cheese had a smooth flavor to it. It was a surprisingly good combination! I used Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce as the sauce I used to pour over the meatballs and then of course I used a blue cheese sauce as a dipping sauce. So good! I'll definitely make these again and again! I have some in the freezer now I can eat when I crave them again, which will be soon!

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Paula Deen) (3 1/2 dozen):

2 lb ground chicken
2 c panko
1 c diced celery
4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 c minced green onion
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
2 c buffalo wing sauce

Preheat oven to 400. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on pan and spray rack with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together ground chicken and next 7 ingredients until well combined. Shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on prepared rack.

Bake for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 (I had to cook mine close to 30 minutes for mine to read 165 but I think I made my meatballs quite large). Toss meatballs with wing sauce and serve. Enjoy!




Ready to be mixed together...






Ready to be baked...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment