Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Red Quinoa

One of the shelves in my cabinet is filled with all kinds of grains, most I've never tried before but have been wanting to. I've had quinoa before several times and love it. I had picked up this bag of red quinoa and decided to make it one night to serve as a side to some steak. It tastes just like regular white quinoa I thought. I added some chopped peppers with garlic and topped if off with some Italian dressing. Definitely good and I'll keep making it.

Red Quinoa:

1 c quinoa, rinsed and drained
1/2 c chopped mini or regular bell peppers
1 minced garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
Italian dressing, to taste

Cook quinoa as directed on the package. While quinoa is cooking, lightly cook the peppers and garlic in the oil until tender and fragrant. Add tot he cooked quinoa. Top with Italian dressing and serve. Enjoy!




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment