Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Burgers

I did end up making the cheese-stuffed or Jucy Lucy's a couple days later. I had a recipe that called for 3/4 lb of ground turkey so I used the leftover ground turkey to make 2 cheeseburgers. Since I was using ground turkey, I added some garlic and ginger to give it a little more flavor. The first burger I made, I didn't put enough cheese in the middle and some of it ended up leaking out. The second burger, I made sure to add double amount compared to the first and it turned out much better! I don't normally eat my burgers on buns, which is why the last picture shows the burger sitting on some ketchup and mustard. Really yummy & I'll definitely make this again.

Cheese-Stuffed Burgers (2 servings:

1/4 lb ground turkey
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
Salt and pepper
4 slices of cheese, any kind (I used cheddar)

Mix all the ingredients except the cheese together with your hands. Form into 4 thin patties. Top with one slice of cheese, folded into 4 squares. Top each patty with another patty and crimp edges to seal in the cheese. Grill until done and juices run clear. Top the burger with a slice of cheese and cook until it just begins to melt. Enjoy!




Thin patties...






Cheese ready to be stuffed...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment