Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hoisin Chicken

I just recently found this recipe from a Cuisine magazine that only has 2 servings. Perfect portion for me! This recipe originally called for chicken thighs, but since I have a lot of chicken breasts on hand, I used those instead. I also skipped the part where it says to brown the meat first since I wasn't using the thighs. The recipe calls for 4 chicken thighs but I only used 2 chicken breasts and that's the perfect size for me-one meal tonight and another one for tomorrow. I served my chicken over a bed of farro-another grain I made for the first time. It tasted pretty good with the chicken and the sauce. I'll definitely make this recipe again.

Hoisin Chicken (2 servings) (Cuisine Tonight):

6 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp chopped green onions or scallions
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
4 chicken thighs (I used 2 chicken breasts)
2 tbsp peanut oil (for browning if using the chicken thighs)

Preheat oven to 500. Line an 8-in square baking pan with foil. For the glaze, whisk together hoisin, scallions or green onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl.

If browning chicken, heat peanut oil in large saute pan over high. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook until browned and crispy, 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to prepared baking pan. Top with green onions or scallions. Pour glaze evenly over chicken, turning to coat. Roast chicken 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Spoon any glaze left in pan over the chicken before serving. Enjoy!




Chicken & green onions...






Hoisin glaze...






Ready to be baked...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment