Saturday, June 1, 2013

Detox Apple Cinnamon Water

I found this recipe on Pinterest via theblondecancook.com I drink a lot of water but I do get sick of just plain water after a while. I started drinking vitamin zero water but I know it contains added sugars that I don't need. When I came across this on Pinterest and started reading her blog, I knew I had to try it. And since apples are a natural metabolism booster, it was an even bigger plus. I introduced this water to my mom, who doesn't drink a lot of water and was impressed to see her drink the majority of the pitcher. She even tried mixed frozen berries & cinnamon while I was there and liked it better, since she's not a big fan of apples. I just made my second batch tonight. The next batch I want to try will be sliced cucumbers and lemon slices. But like the blog states, you can try any variety of fruits/veggies to see which ones you like the best.

By the way, I found my pitcher at a store in Walker, MN called The Christmas Point. But I'm sure you can find a pitcher like mine at any kitchen store or you can just use a regular pitcher. You can also refill the water 2-3 times before you have to put in fresh fruit/veggies. This may vary depending on how fast or slow you drink the water-just make sure to keep an eye on the fruits and veggies.

1 apple, sliced thinly
2-3 cinnamon sticks

Combine apple slices and cinnamon sticks in pitcher. Refrigerate overnight. You can also boil the apples and cinnamon sticks to release their juices/tastes and then you can drink the water right away. I'd rather refrigerate it overnight, but that's your choice.




Ready to chill...






Ready to drink!...

No comments:

Post a Comment