Friday, May 31, 2013

Buttery Mahi Mahi

I had ordered a pkg of mahi mahi fillets from Schwan's through my parents and I was trying to figure out how to make them one night. I decided to try them baked in the buttery dish I use for my shrimp sometimes and it turned out amazing! Definitely not something I would do on a regular basis since there's so much butter but apparently this recipe works just as well for larger fish as it does shrimp.

Buttery Mahi Mahi: 4 servings

1 mahi mahi fillet
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
4-5 tbsp capers

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8-in baking dish with foil. Pour melted butter on top of the tinfoil. Place lemon slices on top of butter. Lay the fillet on top of the lemon slices. Since I used a smaller dish, I put some of the lemon slices on top of the fillet as well so I could nestle the fish deeper into the butter. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and top with capers.

Place in oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Once again, I served my fish over couscous since the couscous soaks up the butter mixture well.




Nestled into the butter mixture...






Fresh from the oven...






Served over coucous...

No comments:

Post a Comment