Friday, June 7, 2013

Sweet & Sour Meatloaf



This is another recipe I found in the Taste of Home Healthy magazine. It also serves 2 but I doubled it tonight because I made individual loaves to freeze. I had some leftover meat left to make a small meatloaf to eat tonight and it was the perfect size. I've made this meatloaf before and loved it and I love it again after making it tonight. Super easy to make and it has a lot of flavor.

Sweet & Sour Meatloaf (2 servings) (WW 6 pts):

1/4 c tomato sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 tsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp beaten egg or egg substitute
2 tbs finely chopped onion
1 tbsp crushed Ritz crackers
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
Dash pepper
1/2 lb lean ground turkey

In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; set aside.

In another bowl, combine egg, onion, crackers, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp tomato mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 4x3-inch loaf. (At this point, with my double batch, I made 12 individual loaves and one small loaf.)

Place in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.




Tomato mixture...






Meatloaf ingredients...






Individual loaves...






Small meatloaf...






Individual loaves drizzled with sauce...






Drizzled with sauce...






Fresh from the oven...






Served with quinoa pilaf...

No comments:

Post a Comment