Friday, November 21, 2014

Crock Pot Honey Pork & Apples

About a month ago, I bought several different kinds of meats to cook up in the slow cooker and a pork tenderloin was one of the meats. I started looking around on Pinterest and came upon this recipe. It sounded different from anything I've ever made before so I decided to try it. I came home yesterday from work and my apartment smelled amazing! I didn't get an after picture because it wasn't very appetizing to look at right away lol. I think the top part burned a little in the slow cooker because it was all black when I opened the lid. Once I stirred things around, the meat looked okay though. And then I started eating it and forgot to post an after picture! I would definitely make this recipe again! The pork was very tender and tasted sweet. I think the apples fully cooked down though because I couldn't find any in the broth, which was okay because I could taste hints of them in the pork. The recipe says to cook it for 8-10 hours but I checked mine after 7 hours and it was completely done, so it may depend on the slow cooker.

Crock Pot Honey Pork & Apples (6 servings):

1 (3-4 lb) pork tenderloin
2 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
1/2 c honey, divided
2 tbsp cinnamon

Slice slits in the pork tenderloin. Place 1-2 apple slices per slit into the pork tenderloin. Place 3/4 of remaining apple slices in bottom of crock pot. Drizzle 1/2 of the honey over the apple slices. Place pork on top of the apple slices. Sprinkle cinnamon over everything. Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything.

Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove from slow cooker, slice and serve with apples on top.




Apples at the bottom of the slow cooker...






Pork stuffed with apples...






Honey poured in...

No comments:

Post a Comment