Monday, November 3, 2014

Muffin Omelets

I got the original idea for this recipe on Pinterest but I made these with my own desired toppings. I started working out-doing 1 hour intensive full-body workouts and I discovered I needed to eat a good meal before working out. Egg whites are better for you, which I've already been eating a lot of. These are easy to make and they are convenient, not to mention they can be put in the freezer so you can make a large batch. You can add whatever toppings you want. I wasn't too fond of the parm cheese that I added to mine so when I make these again, I may omit that. I also discovered you can add quinoa to these, which I will do in the future. Even more needed protein before a workout!

Muffin Omelets (6-9 servings):

32 oz carton egg white substitute
1/2 to 1 c broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces
2-3 pieces ham, cubed
Cheese of your choice
Pepper and garlic powder, to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Add your ingredients to each muffin tin, spreading evenly. Fill with egg white substitute. Top with cheese, pepper and garlic powder. Bake until eggs are set, about 30 minutes. Cool in muffin pan. Enjoy!




Fillings...





Egg whites & cheese added...






Fresh from the oven...








Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment