Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sloppy Joe's

Who hasn't enjoyed Sloppy Joe's growing up?! I've never made it myself for some reason so I emailed my mom for her recipe. And of course, like me with several recipes I've created, she didn't have an actual recipe. I tried to keep track of what I added but unfortunately I lost track so I'll just tell you an estimate of what I made. Either way, I think I should have added more ketchup or brown sugar but overall it tasted pretty good. I'll definitely make this again! I'm not a bun person so I ate my Sloppy Joe's with lettuce leaves and it tasted pretty good! And I always eat my Sloppy Joe's with slices of cheese and potato chips mixed in it. Yum!

Sloppy Joe's (4 servings):

1 lb ground beef
1 half of med onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c ketchup, or more to taste
1 tsp yellow mustard, or more to taste
1 tsp brown sugar, or more to taste
1 tsp chili powder
Water, as needed

1-2 slices American cheese
Lettuce leaves, or buns
Potato chips

Cook beef and onion until beef is cooked through; drain. Return to pan and add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and chili powder. Mix everything together and simmer on med to med-low for 10-15 minutes. If it looks a little thick, add some water to thin it out. Keep tasting it and adding more ketchup, mustard or brown sugar until it reaches the taste to your liking.




Simmering...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment