Thursday, January 2, 2014

Beef Bulgogi

Bulgogi is a Korean dish that I've had a couple of times now and I love it every time I've had it. A friend of mine recommended a blog for me to look at to find the recipe but her recipe seemed really hard so I started looking around on Pinterest and found this one from this site: http://www.kimkimcooking.com/2013/10/29/easy-korean-beef-bulgogi/ The author said it's a simpler version using ground beef instead of the traditional sliced beef. I was a little hesitant but it turned out very flavorful. And paired with store-bought kimchi, it tastes even better! I will definitely make this dish again and again! I think it would be good served on lettuce leaves but I'm currently out. It also doesn't specify whether the beef was cooked ahead of the garlic and ginger cooking, so I cooked it ahead of time to be on the safe side.

Beef Bulgogi (2-3 servings):

1 lb ground beef
1 tsp oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c water
1 tsp sesame oil, optional
Sesame seeds

Brown beef and drain. In pan, add oil and heat to med. Add garlic and ginger and cook 2 minutes (I only cooked it about 30 seconds so the garlic didn't burn). Add cooked ground beef and mix well. Add brown sugar, soy sauce and water; mix well. Cook 7 minutes over med-high heat. Add sesame oil into cooked beef and mix well. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.




Sprinkled with sesame seeds...






Served with kimchi and sticky rice...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment