Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ground Beef Chimichangas

I found this recipe on Pinterest via www.food.com I have always liked chimichangas and there was a local bar that used to serve them late at night. The ones I ate didn't have a lot of flavor for the filling so I swore if I ever made them, I'd add more to the filling. I found these on Pinterest and they sounded pretty decent. I made them tonight actually and they tasted really good. My friend ate some too and he's a super picky eater but he said they were "the bomb" lol so I guess they were a hit! I bought a 10 pack of tortillas and it made plenty. I used a can of chopped chiles instead of the can of tomatoes and I sprinkled some cheese on top of the chimichangas. I'm freezing the leftovers but I'm happy with them! I'll definitely make these again!

Ground Beef Chimichangas (6 servings) (www.food.com):

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 can chopped chiles (or 1 10 oz can of tomatoes)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 c grated cheddar cheese, more for melting on the chimichangas
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
10 burrito-size flour tortilals (the recipe calls for 12 count)

Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Brown ground beef and drain well. Stir in onion and saute. Stir in chiles (or tomatoes), taco seasonig, garlic, and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cheese; mix well.

Spoon 1/4 c meat mixture along one edge of a tortilla. Fold the edge of tortilla to cover the meat; fold in the sides and roll and secure to form a small purse. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Place in prepared dish and spray the chimichangas with cooking spray. Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired and let cook an additional 3-5 minutes.

Serve chimichangas with your desired toppings.




Meat simmering...






Cheese added to meat...






Filling on the tortillas...






Ready to be baked...






Melted cheese...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment