Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fried Polenta

I've never tried polenta before, until about a month ago. I'd seen all kinds of recipes that included it, but I was always a little leery to try it. I mean, it can be fixed in so many ways that it kind of grossed me out. The definition of polenta is basically mushed cornmeal. Sounds appetizing right?

So one day, while at Trader Joe's, I ran into this version of polenta and decided it was time to try it out. I decided to fry it in a pan on the stove and add some salt and pepper and some cheese.
The first time I made it, I put too much salt in it so it wasn't that good. The second time I made it, I added less salt and more cheese and kinda mashed it up. It was really good! I ended up eating the rest of the 3/4 of the roll I had. I think it tastes kind of bland but with cheese, it's a good side dish. Next time I make it, I want to try baking it in the oven and then adding some tomato sauce....


No comments:

Post a Comment