Monday, February 2, 2015

Rosemary Herbed Pork Chops with Shallot Wine Sauce

I found this recipe on Pinterest a while ago when I bought my pork chops. I decided to finally make it last week. I added some zucchini to my dish because I have an over-abundance of it. The recipe didn't say how long to cook the sauce, so I winged it. All in all it tasted pretty good, although I think I over-cooked my pork chops. One weird thing, the recipe says to use whole-unpeeled pearl onions, which didn't sound appetizing to me so I used half a bag of frozen pearl onions and they tasted just fine. The recipe also said to use "Kick N Chicken" seasoning. I just used Montreal Chicken seasoning.

Rosemary Herbed Pork Chops with Shallow Wine Sauce (4 servings)

4 tender thick cut pork chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp rosemary
Montreal chicken seasoning
1 c or half a bag of frozen pearl onions
1 c white wine, divided
1/2 c water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 375. Rub your pork chops with oil on both sides. Season pork chops with rosemary and chicken seasoning. Heat up an ovenproof skillet to med-high and sear pork chops for 1-2 minutes on both sides.

Place your pork chops in an ovenproof pan, add 1/2 c wine and pearl onions. Bake your pork chops uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until meat temp reads 145.

Remove your pork chops from the pan and rest covered for 5 minutes. (Do not wash the pan that you cooked your pork chops in.) Place the pan or skillet on stove and heat to med. Add wine to deglaze the pan. At this point, I also added all the pearl onions and zucchini, mainly because the zucchini wasn't done cooking yet. Allow the wine sauce to reduce to about 1/2, about 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the burner and add a tbsp of butter to finish the shallow wine sauce.

Serve pork chops with a drizzle of shallow wine sauce on top. Enjoy!




Ready to be roasted...






Sauce...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment