Monday, February 2, 2015

Caramel Apple Nachos



My friend invited me to a Super Bowl party and I couldn't decide what I wanted to make. I kept going back and forth with different things and then I saw this recipe on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make it. I'm doing a weight loss challenge at the moment so I figured this was somewhat healthy with the apples. This is another recipe where you can add pretty much whatever you want. I didn't use all the apples it called for so I'll probably make this again soon. It was really good and had just the right amount of sweetness. I didn't follow the directions online at all so I'll just tell you what I did. As it was, I made 2 batches and took one home for myself after the party. Yum!

Caramel Apple Nachos (Pinterest):

3-4 Gala apples
3-4 Granny Smith apples
1/2 pkg Kraft Caramels (unwrapped) or Ice Cream Caramel Topping-this is what I used
1 tbsp water, if using the Kraft Caramels
White chocolate candy coating
Mini chocolate chips
Heath toffee bits

Wash the apples and then slice. Layer the green and red slices in a dish, alternating if you wish. Drizzle with the caramel topping. Melt the white chocolate according to pkg directions. It says to pipe out of a plastic bag but I just took a spoonful and kinda splattered it all over. Sprinkle with toffee bits and chocolate chips. It's best to keep the leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment