Monday, February 2, 2015

Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette

I found this recipe on Pinterest and since I love blue cheese, I thought I'd try it...this was one of the best things I've ever eaten!!!! The cauliflower had a lot of flavor from being roasted with just the oil and salt and the blue cheese vinaigrette topped everything off. I made another batch of vinaigrette just to finish off the second half. I will definitely make this recipe again and often!

Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette (4 servings) (Eating Well):

1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
2 tsp plus 1 tbsp EVOO, divided
1/8 tsp plus 1/4 tsp salt, divided
2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp minced scallion greens
1/4 tsp pepper

Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray (I used foil). Cut cauliflower into quarters. Remove any extra woody core from the eds, but keep the quarters intact. Brush with 2 tsp oil and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Place cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.

Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes. Turn so the opposite cut sides are down. Continue roasting until tender, 15-20 minutes more. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tbsp oil, the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, blue cheese, vinegar, water, scallion greens and pepper in small bowl. Serve the roasted cauliflower drizzled with the vinaigrette.




Ready to be roasted...






Roasted Cauliflower....






Blue Cheese Vinaigrette...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment