Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Garlic Pork Tenderloin

Once again, I went grocery shopping for lots of meat to stock up my freezer and found this recipe on Pinterest. Anyone who knows me knows I love garlic so of course this recipe stood out. My original plan was to make it and then freeze the leftovers but this dish was so good that I ended up eating it over the next several days-I actually just finished the last of it for breakfast this morning! Next time, I'll make both tenderloins-I only made one this time-and I'll have enough to freeze the leftovers. I'd also add more garlic because the garlic is really good when eaten with the pork. And the sauce makes plenty to drizzle. I used rosemary and yum!

Garlic Pork Tenderloin:

1 pkg pork tenderloin (2 tenderloins total, about 2-2.5 lb)
4 garlic cloves, quartered/sliced/slivered
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or Herbs de Provence
Pepper, to taste
3 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. Take tenderloins out of package. Rinse and pat dry. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and place tenderloins inside. Using a paring knife, poke holes on the top side of the tenderloins, about an inch deep. Place a garlic piece into each hole.

In a bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients, except for the olive oil. Then slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking. Pour the marinade over the tenderloins.

Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, basting once halfway through cooking. Once removed from the oven, let pork rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing. Don't forget to pour the sauce over it. Enjoy!




Garlic inserted in the pork...






Sauce whisked...






Sauce poured over and ready to be baked...






Fresh from the oven...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment