Monday, August 12, 2013

Red Velvet Rice Krispy Bars

I found this recipe on Pinterest via www.passthesushi.com I also made this recipe for the girls' weekend at the cabin and it was a definite hit! This could easily be made up for Valentine's Day or Christmas, dyeing the white chocolate to any color you want. The recipe calls for Cocoa Rice Krispies but I was afraid the chocolate cereal would make the bars way too sweet so I just used the original Rice Krispies and it tasted just fine. I have to admit, when I was making this, my parents & my friend were looking at me like I was crazy to mix these ingredients together but it worked out and tasted really good. I'll definitely make these again!

Red Velvet Rice Krispy Bars:

3 tbsp butter
1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c red velvet cake mix
6 c Cocoa Rice Krispies or regular Rice Krispies cereal
4 oz white chocolate, melted

Grease a 9x13-inch pan well. Heat butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows, cake mix and vanilla. Stir frequently as the marshmallows melt until the mixture is smooth. Quickly fold in the cereal to the mixture until well combined and everything is coated.

Transfer sticky cereal mixture to the prepared pan. It works well if you butter the back of a large spoon to press the mixture evenly into the pan. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and pour it into a plastic sandwich bag. Snip off the corner and drizzle over the cereal. Let it set before slicing into squares. Enjoy!




Marshmallows & cake mix...






Mixture melted...






Rice Krispies spread out in pan...






The white chocolate exploded on me...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment