Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roasted Chickpeas

Besides bringing the fruit bars to Easter, I also wanted to bring along a snack. I debated bringing a polenta appetizer but thought it may be too filling. (I will be posting that recipe hopefully this week or next week however when I make it for myself!) I have seen several recipes for roasted chickpeas so I thought I'd try to make them and bring those with me. It seemed super easy and it was but it didn't have a lot of flavor. For some reason, the chickpeas didn't absorb any of the spices, except for the red pepper flakes. And they were definitely patted dry. I may do some more experimenting with smaller batches and with different spices to see if I can get them to stick.

I found this recipe on Rachel Ray's website.

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas (Rachel Ray):

3 cans chickpeas
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Lay on paper towels to thoroughly dry (you can also gently pat them dry). Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Transfer chickpeas to a med bowl.

Combine olive oil and spices and whisk to combine. Immediately pour over chickpeas and toss. Bake 45-50 min or until browned and crispy. Serve hot or at room temp.

Store at room temp.




Rinsed and drained chickpeas...






Spices mixed with the olive oil...






Ready to roast...






Fresh from the oven...

No comments:

Post a Comment