Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Garlic-Ginger Chicken-Tomato Stir-Fry

I have been on a major sticky rice kick lately...for some reason I hadn't made any since I've lived in my current apartment and that will be 3 years in November! Which is stupid because I have a 25 lb bag of sticky rice in my closet that I need to eat! So to give myself some protein to go along with my sticky rice, I decided to use up whatever veggies I had in my fridge and cook up a stir-fry. I wanted the usual veggies but I had little to pick from so I threw some stuff together and minus the larger chunks of ginger that didn't get as minced as I would have liked, it tasted pretty good. Not to mention the broth was excellent when I dipped my sticky rice into it! Again, I don't have exact measurements but I'll try-the broth is mainly made up to your taste preference.

Garlic-Ginger Chicken-Tomato Stir-Fry (2-4 servings):

3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 3-4 in piece fresh ginger, minced
1 green onion, sliced
1/4 c red bell pepper, chopped
1 pkg grape tomatoes, halved
2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 tsp Sriracha
1-2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tbsp fish sauce
1-2 tbsp veggie oil

Heat oil in grill on med-high. Add chicken, garlic and ginger and cook until chicken is no longer pink in middle. Add bell pepper and green onion and cook until tender, 2-3 min. Add tomatoes and cook until they start to burst, 3-4 min. Add Sriracha, hoisin, soy sauce and fish sauce; stir to combine and heat through. Serve with rice.




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment