Saturday, April 20, 2013

Polenta Bruschetta

This is what I was going to make as an appetizer for Easter but I was worried they would be too filling and I'm glad I waited since they are best served hot or warm. I used the salsa from the Red Lentil Rice Cakes recipe that I posted a couple weeks ago. I also used the pre-made log of polenta. All in all, it tasted pretty good. I only used half a log this time in case I didn't like it. Like I said, it tastes better hot or warm so make sure they are eaten right away. I think I sliced my polenta too thin since I had to eat it with a fork but you can slice it to any thickness you want.

Polenta Bruschetta:

3 plum tomatoes, diced
2-3 tbsp capers
1/4 c fresh basil, sliced
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 log pre-made polenta
1/4 c shredded cheese, any flavor, optional
Garlic powder, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Slice polenta into 1-in rounds. Bake until set and crisp, 15-20 min. During last 5 min of baking, sprinkle each round with a little cheese, if using.

Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, capers, basil and balsamic vinegar in bowl and stir to combine. Let the bruschetta sit at room temp while the polenta bakes.

Once polenta is done baking, sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top with bruschetta and enjoy!




Bruschetta...






Fresh from the oven...






Bruschetta topped polenta...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment