Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup

OMG I made the BEST soup the other day on pure accident! I was just going to make some soup how I normally make it...some chicken broth, noodles & green onions. Until I saw 2 thawed out chicken breasts in the fridge. I don't normally add chicken to my soup because I love the noodles so much but I figured if I added the chicken, it wouldn't be enough of it to over power the soup. So while the noodles were cooking, I cooked the chicken up with a lot of garlic and ginger and added it to the soup during the last 5 min. There's definitely more noodles than chicken and with the garlic and ginger in the soup, the broth turned out amazing. I will definitely use this recipe over and over and over again! Again, I didn't really use exact measurements so I'll try to guess what I used.

Chicken Noodle Soup:

One pkg of Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles (picture below of what I used)
4-5 green onions, sliced
1 bay leaf
6-7 c chicken or veggie broth (I had to use a combo of both since I didn't have enough leftover chicken broth)
1 tbsp veggie or canola oil
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-in pieces
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tbsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley

Bring broth, green onions and bay leaf to boil; add noodles and cook 15 min, stirring occasionally. While noodles are cooking, add oil to saute pan and cook chicken, garlic and ginger, until chicken is no longer pink, 5-7 min.

Once noodles are cooked to your desired consistency, add chicken mixture, along with pepper, thyme and parsley. Stir to combine and heat through, another 5 min. Remove bay leaf and ladle into soup bowls. Enjoy!




Noodles I used...






Enjoy!..

No comments:

Post a Comment