Monday, March 11, 2013

Snickers Popcorn

This recipe didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I found the idea for this on Pinterest and it sounded easy enough. I'm horrible at melting things on the stove...they never melt and they always harden up. And of course I don't have a double broiler, which would make things a whole lot easier. So when they started hardening up after being cooked on the stove, I put some popcorn on a cookie sheet and put the semi-melted chunks of Snickers over the top and put it in the oven for about 5-10 min. That didn't work so great either but I was able to pick up chunks of melted chocolate to make a decent size bowl of Snickers popcorn. And it tasted pretty good too.

I've seen a couple ways to cook this from Pinterest...one is where you melt down the candy bars over a double broiler or another way is to put the chopped candy on top of the popcorn in the oven and they supposedly melt down. Then again, by the time I figured out I couldn't melt them on the stove, my popcorn had gone cold so maybe hot popcorn would have worked best for this idea. Oh well, I was able to still make the best of it and be able to eat it. Next time! :)

Find the recipe here




Cut up Snickers bars...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment