Friday, March 1, 2013

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes

I found this recipe on Pinterest via The Lazy Cook. I was trying to empty out my fridge before I went grocery shopping a couple days ago and I found a bag of baby red potatoes in my fridge that needed to be cooked before they went bad. I had seen a couple recipes I had pinned on Pinterest that I wanted to try and when looking through them, I decided to make this one since I had all the ingredients. The original recipe didn't say how much potatoes to use and I think I used too few so the vinegar was a little strong. When I make these again, I'll use about half of what I used for vinegar. Other than that, the potatoes turned out really good, lots of flavor.

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes:

Baby new potatoes (yellow or red)
Minced garlic (I used 3-4 cloves because I love garlic)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp paprika
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
Pinch salt
Pinch pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Wash potatoes and cut in half or quarters, depending on the size. I half-peeled mine only because mine had been sitting in the fridge for a while and I wanted to make sure to cut off the bad parts.

Place potato halves in med bowl. Add herbs and olive oil. Mix with your hands so that all the potatoes are covered.

Coat a med-large oven-proof dish with cooking spray. Place potatoes in pan and spread evenly. Roast for about 25 min, until tender.

Take the potatoes out of the oven, add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Put potatoes back in the oven for another 5-10 min. Enjoy!




Ready to be baked...






Ready to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment