Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Asian Glazed Scallops


I don't know where I found this recipe. I have a habit of collecting recipes and in order to save room in my apartment, I type out the recipes that look good and keep them on my computer. I randomly went through my seafood files the other day and decided to try this one. I haven't had scallops in a while..I forgot how good they are! And they smell so good when they are cooking..kind of a buttery smell. Super easy recipe to make. I had a hard time finding the bottle of minced garlic but I finally found it at Rainbow. And I have no idea where I got the chili sauce..I've had it forever. One change I would make..less of the chili sauce..it's spicy! But still good. I'd definitely make this again. And it makes plenty of extra sauce to put on something else. The only weird thing I have noticed is that there's a slight crunch with every couple bites..from the garlic I think. It's tastes okay though..just a little weird texture. I also patted my scallops dry since they cook better that way. There's no measurement about how many green onions to use..since I love them I chopped up four of them. I served the scallops with rice I made in my rice cooker. It serves 4.

Asian Glazed Scallops:

5 tbsp sesame oil, divided
2 tbsp bottled minced ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 c sweet hot chili sauce
1/4 c teriyaki sauce
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
12 large fresh sea scallops
1/2 tsp salt
Garnish: Chopped green onions

In small saucepan, heat 3 tbsp sesame oil over med heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook for 2 min, stirring constantly. Add chili sauce, teriyaki sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer; cook 5 min, stirring occasionally.

In large skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp sesame oil over med-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt. Add scallops to skillet; cook 2-3 min per side or until golden brown. To serve, spoon sauce over scallops. Garnish with green onions.




Bottled minced garlic



Chili Sauce...



Ginger & garlic cooking...



Scallops patted dry...



Scallops cooking..



The sauce...



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment