Monday, April 16, 2012

Chicken Piccata

I found this recipe in a magazine called Eat Well. It looked super easy to make and it sounded good. And it was! I'll definitely make this recipe again and I had all the ingredients on hand, with the exception of the lemon, which was easy to buy. :) It makes 4 servings, but I only used 2 chicken breasts, that weighed 4 oz together..I kept the sauce the same..I didn't halve it and I'm glad I didn't. I served my chicken with some leftover quinoa salad from Easter from a family member..perfect meal!

Recipe:

2 (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
1/4 tsp salt
14 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c chicken broth
1 med lemon, thinly sliced
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp snipped fresh parsley

Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/4 in thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

In large skillet melt butter over med-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6-8 min or until browned and no longer pink in center; turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.

Add garlic to hot skillet; cook 30 seconds to 1 min or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to boiling. Add lemon slices and capers. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 4-5 min or until lemon slices are softened and releasing their juice. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.

To serve, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.


Chicken pounded down and sprinkled with salt and pepper...





Simple ingredients found on hand...




Lemon slices simmering....




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment