Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Breasts with Veggies



I found this recipe a couple years ago in Taste of Home Servings For Two..I don't think they publish that magazine anymore, which is a bummer since 2 serving dishes are ideal for me, who lives alone. The first time I made this, I used the recommended measurements but there wasn't enough marinade. The second time I made it, I made it for my parents and I doubled the marinade and it tasted a lot better. I did make a mistake tonight..I only had large potatoes so I thought if I cut them into slices, they would cook okay...by the time everything was done, the potatoes still weren't so I put them in the microwave for a couple minutes so I could eat them with the chicken. And I just realized I didn't read the recipe all the way through lol..I forgot to add the Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Luckily I've made this dish a couple times before so it was still good!

Recipe:

4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp reserved
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp reserved
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp reserved
4 tbsp teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp reserved
6 tsp soy sauce, 3 tsp reserved
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 small potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes
1 large zucchini, sliced
1 small green pepper (I used yellow), chopped
1/3 c chopped onion
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

In small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Pour marinade into large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.

Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in an 11x7-in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange the potato, zucchini, pepper and onion around chicken. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian dressing. Cover and bake at 375 for 40-45 min or until juices run clear. Serve with veggies.



The 5 simple sauces that make an amazing marinade...





All the veggies cut up and the chicken placed in the dish with the marinade poured over it...




Served my dinner with a couple pieces of garlic/cheese toast (not pictured)



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment