Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ham Pickle Roll-Ups

I was introduced to these wonderful appetizers at my old job, where several of my coworkers were obsessed with them! I've also had them at Psycho Suzi's and they were of course awesome there. They are a bit of a pain to make but they are so worth the work!

Ingredients:

Jar of firm pickles (I used Gedney)
8 oz. softened cream cheese
Deli Ham

Since the ham can easily tear while spreading on the cream cheese, it's best if you dry out the ham. When I did it, I place four slices of ham on a paper towel and used another paper towel to blot out the excess juices. Then I heated the cream cheese up a little bit in the microwave so it was extra soft. Carefully spread some cream cheese onto each slice of ham. Place a pickle on each slice and roll up. Immediately wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the wrapped roll-ups for at least an hour or overnight. When ready to serve, unwrap the rolls and slice them, carefully.

Mine were a little messy but I think I used ham that was too thin. Next time, I'll use a thicker cut of ham. I brought these to my family's xmas party and they were gone super quick! A success! Enjoy!




Ready to be rolled...




Carefully rolled up...




Rolled up and ready to sit in the refrigerator to be chilled.




All sliced and ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm!!! DELISH. Ham, pickles, cream cheese? I want some right now!

    ReplyDelete